Gotta set the record straight--

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from cas02.mtsano01.ga.comcast.net (68.47.0.8) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 at 5:59pm :

In Reply to: Re: Whew. . . posted by Tyree from cache-mtc-ak02.proxy.aol.com (64.12.96.199) on Friday, March 14, 2003 at 11:38am :

Jake has been around here and there lately, but he's no SEAL yet. One very bad night in training has me back at the old job as your basic corpsman until I recover enough, and then play mother-may-I with the Bureau of Personnell to get a rematch with the program (bureaucratic fools--I hate these guys).

I think it was Brett (there's the old memory thing again) that I first had to reach deep down and admit to that I was dropped from the course when it happened. I'd like to say thanks to you, Brett, if you're bearing with this, for letting this kid set the record straight on his own.

Ty, I hope that you don't think less of me for this, but there are few things in this world that annoy me more than people who aren't genuine or try to come off as something that they aren't. They tend to let you down at all the wrong moments. I would never claim to be one of the men that I admire most until at LEAST graduation day.

In the meantime, allow me to commend you for a well-written reply. Chances are, I'm not going to be back in BUD/S prior to the stuff hitting the fan, and although I would rather we bypass hostilities, if there is a conflict to fight, I will be damned if I just sit here stateside when they need the help out there. As a corpsman who speaks Arabic better than most white boys, I've got faith that they'll find some use for me.

Honestly, I'd have rather poured my little heart out in private, but since I can't make contact any other way, here's for anyone else who cares enough to read. If you'd like to talk more on this, you can send e-mail my direction. I think the link works.

As far as not hearing from me lately, between training, deployment, and the new 12-hour shifts, it's kept yours truly away for awhile. But since I don't have an X-Box, Playstation, nor computer of my own, I don't think I would have had much to say lately, anyway.

Just to reiterate, no SEAL yet, just one motivated kid doing the best he can.

"You lost today, kid--but that doesn't mean you have to like it."

But then again, Rocky didn't beat Apollo the first time, either.

Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com