Re: DVD's - The Worst Idea Since Greedo Shooting First...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Thursday, April 10, 2003 at 9:07am :

In Reply to: DVD's - The Worst Idea Since Greedo Shooting First... posted by Sean from d221-216-98.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.98) on Thursday, April 10, 2003 at 8:30am :

: Hey:

: Preamble - YES, I will be first in line to buy them, and I'm reserving my judgement until I actually see them, but it still begs the question:

: What was so distracting in the films that they need to be digitally cleaned? Indy's reflection in the Well of the Souls? Equipment? What equipment? Let's start compiling a list of what we think ILM will do. So, I'll start:

: 1) Indy's reflection on the glass between the snake and him, in the Well of the Souls.

I too am reserving judgement until I see them, but I don't understand why some filmmakers want to "fix" their films to put them out on DVD. A film is the product of its time. If an effect doesn't look as good as it could today that doesn't mean you should change it.

I passed on buying ET on DVD, a film I liked as a kid (even had to have a red hooded sweatshirt like Elliot). I'm not sure how much I would enjoy it today. I thought it was a good idea for the DVD package to contain both the original movie and the one with extra effects (ET in the bath, etc.). My question is did the DVD billed the original movie have the "terrorist" comment removed and the guns replaced with walkie-talkies or was that just in the special edition?

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com