I believe this to be true...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24-117-29-84.cpe.cableone.net (24.117.29.84) on Friday, May 02, 2003 at 6:55pm :

In Reply to: 13 posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, May 02, 2003 at 4:00pm :

: : : : : : : : : : : : nm

First let me say that I got in another fan's Hj today, one of the new Hjs and the felt is as thick as a custom PB. It is stiff. When the fan put in the top bash, it pulled the sides in a great deal. The worst taper that I have ever seen. Rundquist, you and Rick are correct. HJ has used their own block on these hats, and the variation that you see in hats is due to the felt, and perhaps the height of the cones that they used when they blocked the hats. This new HJ is almost 6 inches tall, open crown. I have seen one that was only 5 1/2, open crown. I think the height varied depending on the felt, and how much they could get out of the cone when stretching it over the block. So, I am positive now, that the same block was used on all of the HJ suppled Indy fedoras. The key is the felt. I tip my hat to you. Case closed.:) Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com