Re: Indy and the Raiders

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from cae26-117-201.sc.rr.com (66.26.117.201) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 1:56pm :

In Reply to: Re: Indy and the Raiders posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 1:21pm :

Technically, since the 'Episode IV: A New Hope' wasn't added until later, it wasn't always titled that. And until possibly the last re-issue (not sure, as I don't own it), I don't believe any of the film's cover art has ever referred to it as 'A New Hope'.

As for Indy, if they were going to use the original title, wouldn't it make more sense to do so in the box set (where everyone knows exactly what they are buying)? Individual releases would cause more confusion, as the films would then have to be stocked separately in both the 'I' and 'R' sections of stores.

This isn't the first film series where the sequels took on their own identity, but you're not going to find "Billy Jack and the Born Losers" or "Rambo: First Blood" on shelves anywhere.

How does having 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' in the same font screw things up thematically? I just don't follow Lucas' logic on this one. I wonder if he's amazed that people can manage to buy all of the Dirty Harry films individually, without having to have a handy 'Dirty Harry' logo added to the box of each sequel?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com