I couldn't agree more

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 11:10am :

In Reply to: Regarding the DVD's: Read & reply please. posted by Sean from d221-216-99.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.99) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 9:43am :

: Personally, I am 100% satisfied with the fact that Indiana Jones is appearing on DVD at all. I've been doing a lot of thinking about it, and I couldn't care less if all we ever got were the movies on disc becauses, after all, isn't that why we're all here anyway?

Well said. I was shocked by some of the grumbling I read around the web after the announcement. Especially The Digital Bits.

Honestly... we can't help but feel a little underwhelmed.
Lucasfilm's made us wait so damn long for these films on DVD (along
with another infamous trilogy), that the discs REALLY need to
deliver big time. So the whole "less is more" approach
seems a little puzzling. EACH of these films should have been given
2-disc treatment in our opinion. And, to us at least, the lack of
commentary and DTS is immediately disappointing. Here at The Bits, we were hoping for something a little more
special... something that was worth the 6+ years of waiting. The bar
is so much higher these days for DVD special editions. So tell us,
again, why this box couldn't have been released a few years ago,
back when we might still have been impressed with a trio of
bare-bones, movie-only discs and 3 hours of featurettes?

While I'm a huge fan of the director's commentary, Spielberg has a problem with it. I don't hold the same view but he is the guy who directed the damn thing, so he has a right to his opinion. I'm delirious to be getting the Indy movies with 3 hours of documentaries!

Then there are some who complain that every documentary we have ever seen will not be included, and I imagine there are those with the opposite view who will complain if everything is not new and previously unseen.

We have been waiting a long time, but rather than raise the bar for every year we have had to wait, why not run shouting into the streets, jumping for joy, now that the day and hour have been finally set? Excuse me while I do that right now... :)

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com