Re: Regarding the DVD's: Read & reply please.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from cae26-117-201.sc.rr.com (66.26.117.201) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 11:28am :

In Reply to: Regarding the DVD's: Read & reply please. posted by Sean from d221-216-99.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.99) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 9:43am :

I don't think anyone's opposed to the set, rather a case of seeing how amazing this set is already and nitpicking about the things that would make it flawless.

As I said previously, I'm not a fan of the '4th disc' route, but it seems right for the Indy series. I've also never been a fan of Paramount's packaging- those big bulky cases (ie. Star Trek SE's), so I'm really happy with the set's design.

I do think that all existing footage (deleted scenes, documentaries, etc.) should be included. Every collector would love to see that classic material preserved- especially when studios routinely slap every single piece of fluff onto 2 disc sets these days for the new 'blockbusters'.

But no matter how much people try to defend it, the title change is still completely unnecessary. Does it really affect the actual film? Of course not. But does anyone need to have it re-titled so that the set will be more pleasing, thematically, to the eye? Or so that it doesn't disturb their need to have everything neat and orderly? No, it's just silly.

The fact that Raiders is such a classic film just makes it more disturbing. I wonder if Lucas thinks 'The Pink Panther takes A Shot in the Dark" would be more appropriate?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com