I agree, but...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by belloq from ? (204.141.110.15) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 2:11pm :

In Reply to: Regarding the DVD's: Read & reply please. posted by Sean from d221-216-99.systems.cogeco.net (216.221.81.99) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 9:43am :

I agree but... There is no doubt that I am stoked and grateful, and I will run to the store that morning like every other respectable indy fan. However, there are several really good reasons that fans should expect more than merely new clean transfers of the films and new documentaries: 1) They've had have the additional material more or less ready to go for some time, 2) This is a significant movie trilogy and Raiders is considered one of the 100 best films of the last century, 2) Other lesser films get better treatment and, most significantly, 3) The DVD format was released in 1997- they've had 6 years to develop an "ultimate" edition release of 3 extremely popular films that are all over a decade old! Come on- if movies like "Bounce" and "Snatch" each get the 2 disc treatment, shouldn't each of the Indy movies include every available bonus feature? Yes, we should thank Paramount and Lucasfilm for the belated DVD release but also let them know that they should be including more than "all new interviews" with these movies. Indyfans should expect and demand more.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com