Re: Young Indy Chronicles preservation project?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Fiddler from ? (216.126.204.30) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 3:36am :

In Reply to: Re: Young Indy Chronicles preservation project? posted by 007 from 24-148-69-70.na.21stcentury.net (24.148.69.70) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 2:20pm :

: The LaserDiscs are the best quality that you will find... ...I would definetly go with the Japanese laserdiscs. I, for one, would rather have good quality and put up with subtitles on the bottom of the screen. The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles were released on laserdisc only in Japan and there were a few PAL tapes released in the UK and Germany I beleive.

Ok, good to know, so I need to shoot for the LD's if at all possible. And put up with the subtitles, the sacrifice for quality.

but as soon as you put anything on VCD it looks pretty crappy anyway.

Most of the ones I've worked with have turned out looking pretty good, much better than the recorded from TV episodes of YIJC I have viewed. But I'm not using a massive high-def TV either, so what do I know? Plus, we don't have to go for VCD, DVD might be feasable. The nice Thing about VCD is a compatible MPEG file can be much more easily distributed (via the web), then people can burn their own disc's, or just playback on their computers.

But I do remember reading somewhere that the official DVD release will be complete with the George Hall as old Indy bookends to each episode. I could be wrong though, I really can't remember at this time.

If that's the case, that would negate this whole idea, because that's what I'm after, the original episodes, as we saw them on TV with the old guy as the bookends. Can anyone confirm/disprove this??? Help me out so I know if I should procede.

Thanks for your comments 007.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com