Spielberg's recent films, & impact on INDY IV

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from ? (216.221.81.99) on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 6:45pm :

Hi:

Just finished watching 'Minority Report' (5th time) & 'Catch Me If You Can,' (3rd time) and let me say that it bodes well for Indy IV. Honestly, it's fantastic to watch high profile films where the story & acting take 2nd place to SFX, not the other way around.

'Minority Report' didn't have ONE SFX shot that wasn't motivated by story, unlike most Hollywood blockbusters.

I hope that the Art Director for 'CMIYC' is hired for Indy IV. Honestly, this is Spielberg's most lush, colorful film since 'Last Crusade,' and a welcome change from his work of the last few years.

I know I'm not making much sense here, because I'm still thinking it over, but I haven't seen work out of Spielberg this good since the 70's & early 80's. Let's be honest - 'Schindler's List' and 'Saving Private Ryan' are important films, historical landmark masterpieces, but they're a drag and depressing. Spielberg knows this. We all know this. His last two films, however, are very much in the Indy spirit and we are all in for a great treat if things go the way I think they will.

As an aside, Alex Hyde White has a small role in 'CMIYC,' who played pre-Connery Henry Jones Sr. in 'Last Crusade.'

Thanks for letting me ramble.
Sean

PS -> If anyone can put Lucas into check with his ironic pre-occupation with technology, it's Spielberg.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com