I won't disagree with you...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steppenwolf from user-2ivfiur.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.203.219) on Monday, July 21, 2003 at 3:45pm :

In Reply to: Indiana Jones & The Pirates of the Carribean posted by Sean from d141-42-30.home.cgocable.net (24.141.42.30) on Monday, July 21, 2003 at 12:30pm :

... on all points.

: Just saw POTC etc...last night, and let me tell you - I have a new addition to my top 5 films of all time.

It was pretty good for a pirate movie.

: I won't spoil anything here for you, but it is very much in the tradition of 'Raiders,' with a smart script, amazing direction, not one bad performance and a real sense of high action and adventure.

Direction wasn't bad, considering the script. Performances were good, with Depp standing out with his unique spin on the pirate portrayal. The fights were just plain dragging on and on.

: The movie is never afraid to shy away from overt violence or adult themes (surprisingly for a Disney flick) and is refreshingly un-PC at points. I get a real sense that there was a vision at work here, one that was executed beautifully.

Not sure what you are trying to say when you say "The movie is never afraid to shy away from overt violence or adult themes..." If you mean it was more graphic than you expected a Disney movie to be, then it didn't shy away from violence and adult themes, did it? Anyway, I din't think that movie was violent compared to other PG-rated movies.

: And, like Harrison Ford, Johnny Depp plays a lovable rogue who is rough around the edges but ultimately does the right thing. And, like Harrison Ford, he will unfortunately not be rewared with an Oscar for his outstanding performance.

The "loveable rogue" didn't seem so rough with all his drag-queen mannerisms and heavy eye shadow, but was surely a great, entertaining, and unique perfomance!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com