Not exactly....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from ? (4.5.78.150) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 at 2:10am :

In Reply to: More complaining :) posted by Calixar from ca01-ch02-bl06.accel.pas.earthlink.net (209.179.168.35) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 4:31pm :

Someone who knows a bit more about this than I can either deny or back me up, but dvd, like any media, has a finite amount of storage space typically refered to as the "Bit Budget".......like the new matrix film, ALL of the bit budget of each respective movies' disk was devoted to the film itself (along with the authoring for the menus, etc), so the films would look the best they possibly could....and I gotta say it shows.

I have an all region player, nice surround system, and a 37 inch tv....and the movies have never sounded/looked better. Last night I saw Raiders and ToD on an even NICER surround setup, and a 62 inch tv....believe me, I now wouldn't trade that extra bit space for anything. These movies now have a visual pop that rivals the matrix films IMHO.....

So far, if I have ANY complaint on the set, it's the sound mix. Many of the more esoteric ambient sounds have been mixed down for some reason, while others have been mixed higher than they need.....hmmm....

Well, that and the lack of inclusion of the myriad deleted scenes : )

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com