The Script is Finished, and Indy IV Is Suddenly...Back On Hold?!!!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from cae168-220-253.sc.rr.com (24.168.220.253) on Thursday, February 05, 2004 at 6:39pm :

You have got to be kidding me.

After years of waiting for a script to arrive, Variety reports that the Big Three were unable to agree on it when it finally did. (It was Lucas!) Another writer is now expected to work up a new draft of the script. This will likely result in production being pushed back until 2005 (at the earliest), for release in 2006.

Dark Horizons offers a bit more on the story, which, if true, confirms a long-rumoured subplot:

"Darabont has been ordered to rewrite it, one of the elements he apparently didn't go for was a sub-plot involving Indy's brother. The brother is still going to be in it, but not as much a focus as in the current script. There needs to be more dimension to the character as well. Apparently Kevin Costner has talked to Spielberg too - but I don't know if he's in it".

Personally, I'm surprised this hasn't been reported sooner here...and by that I mean I hope Sean hasn't tried to hurt himself over this! :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com