Re: Different versions of The Infernal Machine

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (216.102.199.185) on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 11:01am :

In Reply to: Different versions of The Infernal Machine posted by noseyisabel from ip68-228-34-72.tc.ph.cox.net (68.228.34.72) on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 10:04am :

: I just beat the game and guys, I suggest you play it on the PC rather than on the N64 at all costs!

: I played it on the N64 without the expansion pak, and I have to say I have never played a game that crashed this much, on any console! Plus without the expansion pak you can't play the Solomon's Mine level. There are also a few save bugs - if you save at certain spots on the last level, you won't be able to complete the game. There were also numerous times I found myself stuck at gaps and corners and forced to reload. The graphics are worse than on the PC, which made the game more frustrating than it should've been. The only thing I liked about this port is the controls are mapped tomb raider style so for a TR fan like myself I was able to jump right in. In any other aspect, this version absolutely drove me nuts.

There was an expansion pack for the N64? There wasn't even an expansion pack for the PC.

Don't worry, though... I played the game on the PC (as I did with Emperor's Tomb).

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com