And don't forget the banter with....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (216.102.199.185) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 6:13pm :

In Reply to: "Side straps.... posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 1:03pm :

... the fan-fictionheads, whose heyday here was in mid-1999 through 2000.

-G

: .....why did it have to be 'sidestraps?" (grins) Yep, the old 'place' kind of reminds me of an old club that the interstate bypassed. Well, we'll keep 'creaking in' now and again just to make sure the lights are still on, and the plumbing still works. Good to 'see' you again, my old friend! High regards. Michaelson

:
: : : ...that began right here on Indyfan in late 1997 through 1998

: : Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in. The passage of time, that is; why, it seems like yesterday that this place was abuzz like a 1920s Chicago speakeasy, with banter flying between the gearheads/gameheads/NIMheads/et al.heads like an airborne fleet of hurled whiskey?glasses. And even by 'late 1997 through 1998' some of you - and I'm nodding at you, Michaelson and Micah - had long worn a divot into the bar rail and intimidated us youngsters. Yeesh.
: : I feel somewhat buried in the sand to acknowledge that I've been poking my shnozola into this dive for so long... *creaks*
: : *feels like that Raven's bar extra guy, you know, the old dude with the weird red pointy hat*
: : Just thought I'd mention it. I have a funny feeling we'll probably all drop in here to raise the dingus when Harry keels over from old age.
: : And you guys will STILL be nattering on about sidestraps! :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com