Why I love Indyfan...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from wc12.wlfdle.rnc.net.cable.rogers.com (66.185.84.79) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 9:26am :

In Reply to: Closing an old Wested Leather Co. loop.... posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 5:57pm :

I've been a member of the Indyfan community pretty much since the beginning, give or take a few months. I've seen the rise and the fall and the almost rise again, the adevent of new technology changing message boards, the passage of many posters over to the other Indy boards...

I love this place because it's the original, it's ease of use, it's accessibility, and more often than not because of the characters that hang out here. If I hear Indy news that I think is worth sharing, I'll post it over here before COW or The Raider, because I think that this place is worth preserving.

It's funny and ironic that over at Indygear, the "perfect" Indiana Jones costume has almost been sourced, so many of the posts have gotten back into "What did Indy mean when he said..." or, "Who is the best Indy girl," all things that were discussed here long ago. I'm willing to bet that Lao Che's table is the busiest over at COW.

I hope that with a new movie things will ignite back here, and that maybe a lot of the old posters will see fit to return here and perhaps not be chased away by people whose agenda is to only incite rage and controversy.

The old girl is worth it. Hats off to Michah and the Indyfan community.

Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com