New Young Indy project

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from ca-whlywd-cuda7-c4a-b-85.stmnca.adelphia.net (68.69.25.85) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 at 4:51pm :

This is from Dark Horizons' Cannes report today:

Young Indiana Jones
I've been told (the source wrote two of the telemovies) that Darabont's script might be being used for a 'young Indiana Jones' movie that might go theatrical. Indy 4 has stalled, so this is the consolation prize I guess.
(www.darkhorizons.com/news.php)

Hm. I don't know what to think. While I loved Young Indy and would love to see more of it, especially theatrically, I love old Indy more. If it's a choice between the two, I'd rather see Harrison return for another adventure. But if he doesn't, what exactly does this mean? Young Indy himself, Sean Patrick Flannery, is now the same age Ford was in Raiders. So if he starred, it wouldn't really so much be Young Indy as an attempt to reboot the series with a new actor, which, frankly, I don't think the public would go for. (For that matter, I doubt I'd go for it either.) Or would they cast a NEW, younger actor to play Indy in his early twenties, and try to reboot "Young Indy" rather than Indy? Personally, I never cared much for Cory Carrier and would hope they didn't try to go with him. What does everyone think?
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com