The reality of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from c-24-17-136-125.client.comcast.net (24.17.136.125) on Saturday, February 05, 2005 at 11:53pm :

I've always been into WWII aircraft and have regularly been attending "Gathering of the War Birds" here in Tumwater WA. WWII planes from all over the country come to attend. It was also this interest that led me to join the Air Force. I saw a program on the history channel about secret aircraft of WWII. Some of this stuff was like it was right out of Sky Captain. The U.S. Navy was developing a "Flying Flapjack", a fighter shaped like a disk with two propellers in the front capable of vertical takeoff. It was armed with six .50" machine guns. The British was developing a flying boat fighter. Amazing stuff! What if jets didn't show up when they did? Man, there would be some crazy birds in the air! What a role these would make in the next Indy film. What kind of stuff do you guys think Indy Jones did in WWII. Since he was a college boy, maybe he entered the service and was a Lt? I can imagine him in a P-40!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com