Re: The block was pretty good

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from c-24-17-136-125.client.comcast.net (24.17.136.125) on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 11:13pm :

In Reply to: Re: Battered old Miller ain't so battered anymore posted by Michaelson from mcross.utsi.edu (150.182.24.206) on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 4:32pm :

: That's one of the reasons I never liked dealing with a Western hat store. They're located all around me (living in Tennessee, go figure. (grins)). They must buy hat stiffner by the 50 gallon drum load. It should loosen up after a couple of good rains. Did they have a decent block to stretch the crown back out to proper shape? Regards. Michaelson

I compared it to Millerhats.com picture of the open crown hat and it looked pretty close. Either way, it's better than what it was before and worth it. I've re-shaped it to the LC style again. An interesting thing I have noticed over the years is that the hat seems to loose weight when steamed. It distinctly feels lighter but I'm sure that it is nothing permanent. Maybe the felt looses contaminants?
-Reggie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com