I bought it for $75 dollars in 1975

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3thoubucks from host-66-81-124-158.rev.o1.com (66.81.124.158) on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 9:57pm :

In Reply to: Re: I used to roll a '52 Hudson Hornet posted by Michaelson from mcross.utsi.edu (150.182.24.206) on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 12:42pm :

Jump started it and drove it home, same two tone tan/green as the one in the pic. (But that's not mine.)I got my first fedora in a second hand store at this time, a mid fifties Stetson Steamship, light tan. One day I drove it to San Jose, about 18 miles south, to a shop that actually advertised as a Hudson repair shop. They had a 20 year old can of Hudson Hydra Glide or somethig and put it in the tranny.(For it's wet clutch, it wasn't an automatic but a 3 or 4 speed with a wet clutch.) This caused the clutch to completely go haywire on the way home. Had it towed and it started to rain which put big round spots on my fedora. They were permanent so I threw it away (Dang!). Then I was getting gas when the person at the next pump asked me if I'd like to buy another. I went to see it. I was on blocks in a garage, prinstine and mechanically perfect. $75. My father said I couldn't have two cars. Then my car developed an ignition problem, and I knew nothing about car repair and was broke. For some reason I knew someone who knew someone who was in a Hudson collectors club. He was my age and wore a fedora. I sold it to him for $50, I think. I only had it for about 4 months and I entered manhood at this time (Thanks, Debbie) while listening to Maggot Brain by Funkadelic at a freeway "vista point".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com