Re: I guess we're kind of lucky

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from c-24-17-136-125.client.comcast.net (24.17.136.125) on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 at 10:05pm :

In Reply to: Re: The effects of the Indy gear hobby on Indy IV posted by Michaelson from mcross.utsi.edu (150.182.24.206) on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 at 1:27pm :

: Maybe, maybe not. It will all come down to the almighty dollar as to who gets to do what. Whoever comes in with the lowest bid to produce costuming will be the one who will supply what ever Lucas and co. requires, rather than who knows what, or has had a hand in the other. It also comes to who is willing to give UP what for after market sales of items related to the movie. Lucas likes to have signed contracts that give them exclusive rights to licensing of items made for the aftermarket. He wasn't as 'iron clad' for Indy as he was for Star Wars, and that's why you see so many vendors able to make Indy related items with no Lucasfilm licensing on their titles....don't expect that to happen with Indy IV. At least I won't. Just my opinion here, though. Regards. Michaelson

As far as I can remeber posting messages here, a lot of people, myself included, have always griped and complained that Jones wasn't getting enough attention by Lucas. Merchandising was lacking, as well as only three movies. But I guess we're lucky because if Jones did get the attention, much of the gear stuff that is availble to us today would probably be inaccurate to the films. Just look at the official fedora! We would also be paying for The Indiana Jones logo or Lucas'stamp of approval on all of our stuff. Good point Michaelson. I just hope he hasn't been watching our Indyfandom here on the internet and now realizes he has a market! Get your Westeds while you can!
-Reggie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com