Re: Legend of Zorro

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-63-199-230-75.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net (63.199.230.75) on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 3:40pm :

In Reply to: Re: Legend of Zorro posted by Jack Shannon from ? (65.219.157.129) on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 12:02pm :

: I really liked the movie...Even better than the first one. I wish it was doing better because I love the old fashion B movies!

I saw the movie last week. Not quite as good as The Mask of Zorro, but not quite as bad as some of the more negative reviews claimed it is.

Overall it was decent, though two parts of the plot's backdrop kinda bugged me:

1) The movie took place in 1850, just before California attained U.S. statehood... yet the bad guys kept talking about helping the Confederacy, which would only be formed a decade later.

2) The two Pinkerton agents claimed that they were agents of the U.S. Government. In actual fact, Pinkerton has always been a private security agency (first formed in Chicago in 1850) which started working with the U.S. Government in 1861... again, a decade after the movie took place.

Still, it was an enjoyable enough movie. I certainly hope that they don't wait another seven years before making the next Zorro movie.

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com