Awesome news if it's true, but...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-63-199-227-242.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net (63.199.227.242) on Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 5:19pm :

In Reply to: One Of Our Own Makes A Real Breakthrough On Indy IV (V & VI?) posted by Sean from CPE0050ba283333-CM014100206430.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com (72.138.5.200) on Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 2:49pm :

... wouldn't having all of this revealed pretty much jeopardize the whole project?

Though it does make sense for all the parties involved to have met in San Francisco, considering that LucasArts and Industrial Light & Magic are now working under one roof at the new Letterman Digital Arts Center at the Presidio district (both of whom are also collaborating on the next Indy videogame, a part of which takes place in - you guessed it - San Francisco ).

Considering both the ages and the limited time of all the principle players (Lucas, Spielberg, Ford and Connery), the most efficient way to produce three new Indiana Jones movies is to film them back-to-back ala the The Lord of the Rings trilogy and Back to the Future II & III, or consecutively like Superman I & II. I'm not sure how realistic that would be, but I hope it's strongly considered by them.

In any case, this is awesome news! I would also like to see Sallah return if it makes sense for him to in the story (though unfortunately, Marcus Brody obviously can't), but I honestly hope that no one else from any of the past Indy films makes an appearance.

Also, does this mean that Indy IV would only start filming in 2007 or that it would already hit theaters by 2007 (I'm hoping for the latter but expect the former)?

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com