Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from cpe-76-167-70-211.socal.res.rr.com (76.167.70.211) on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 1:43am :

Well, as Shia LaBoeuf just announced on MTV, that's the title. Very "Attack of the Clones"/"Phantom Menace" sounding to me. It's got too many words, too many syllables. "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull" would sound right (but not GOOD), or "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal," but all together it's too much of a mouthful. And the whole thing lacks the resonance of the other titles. It doesn't have the religious/mythological weight of a Lost Ark or a Last Crusade, or the pulp adventure ring of a Temple of Doom. It sounds a bit New Agey. Actually, I think it would be a fine title for an Indy novel or comic, but I was hoping for something a bit loftier for the next movie title.

Oh well. I hate to be a naysayer. This is purely my first reaction to the title, obviously not to any knowledge of the movie. My hopes for the movie remain sky high, and I have no fear that Spielberg will fail to deliver the goods. And even the title may well grow on my by next May...

Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com