Re: Amateur whipcracker

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Borton from pm085-25.dialip.mich.net on February 24, 1998 at 21:39:09:

In Reply to: Re: Amateur whipcracker posted by Michaelson on February 23, 1998 at 10:52:22:

That was my original intent, too. After admiring the whips for a while, I thought I'd give them a go. After beating myself half to death, I thought, darn it, I'm going to master this this, and finally did. The scars are real impressive after all these years! They just aren't on my chin, like Indy's. They are definately elsewhere, and in spots we probably shouldn't talk about on an open forum, if you follow me. Found your running "conversation" extremely interesting. I'm personally glad to see that they're other "crazies" out there like me learning their "craft". Thanks! Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson I am glad you joined in on the conversation. I am always interested in hearing comments, new ideas and tricks from other whip crackers. I can understand both your views. I guess my view point is, what good is bullwhip (other than as a conversation piece) if you don't use it as a bullwhip. Just be careful not to abuse it by smacking it into around into buildings or on concrete or other hard or sharp surfaces. As long as your using the whips, fall or cracker to do most of the hitting and cutting it should be fine. I never really considered using pine cones as targets. Mostly because I don’t have any large pine trees in my general area. I don’t see them being a problem though. I cannot say I would want use them. Mainly because most of the ones I have seen around have sap on them, and my guess is they would probably break apart pretty quickly and make a mess. There are many other items that whip crackers can also use for that trick though. (For example tennis balls work really well)

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]