Re: Grail Diary replica for Sale!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 203-96-104-156.dialup.xtra.co.nz on February 01, 1999 at 19:03:46:

In Reply to: Re: Grail Diary replica for Sale! posted by woods01 on January 31, 1999 at 17:51:29:

: Ouch! My ears are ringing of the cries of a hundred DOH's by the folks
: who have paid $100s for those computer game manuals.

I can't stand those computer game diaries. I'd recommend making your own instead of spening hundreds on one of those.

: Would you mind telling me a few things about how you made this diary?
: Particulary about how you filled out the pages. There are many
: pictures of the actually prop in the Lucasfilm Archives book but I
: thought they would be too small to make copies of the handwriting.
: Did you invent any pages?

I used the pictures from the Lucasfilm Archives to get the feeling of how the prop man made the original. I used some of the text from the computer game diary. I also found one of the original books used by the Lucasfilm prop master for reference. It's called "The Grail: Quest for the Eternal." You'll see alot of the information is pulled from the book. I have an extensive Grail Lore library that I pull information from; I recently published a paper entitled "The Cup of Christ" through the University of New Mexico about the history of the grail.

: Also wear did you get the actual book that you transformed? Like what was the brand?

I had the black book custom made by a book binder in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I've seen many similar books, but none close enough to make a believalbe replica. It isn't too expensive to bind your own if you can find an honest place.

Kind regards,
Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: