Re: Whip Tricks

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 02, 1999 at 14:42:00:

In Reply to: Whip Tricks posted by illi smith on February 01, 1999 at 17:50:58:

: O.K., are there any good whip handlers out there? I have been using whips for about 8 years now and have mastered several of the old Vaudeville tricks. Some of these include taking a hankerchief out of my back pocket, cutting cigarettes off the top of my head/out of my mouth, cracking a whip around my assistants waist and extinguishing candles. One trick that I saw a man do out in Vegas about 6 years has still got me puzzled. His assistant held a target perpendicular to the backside of her head while facing him head on. He was then able to cut the target from behind her head using a "modified" circus crack (vertical). I have had very limited success in copying this trick, certainly not to the extent of having a live assistant hold it. If anyone knows how this trick is performed, or has any other tricks they would be willing to share, I would love to here from you!

: Thanks in advance,
: Illi Smith

My favorite trick was to have a volunteer to hold an object out in their hand, then knock the individual away from the item they were holding. Needless to say, I've not had many volunteers to help me practice the technique. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]