: Fellow Indyfans,
: At the begining of Raiders, Indy tells Marcus that the only
: place Belloq can sell the idol is in Marakesh. Did Belloq have the
: time to get to N Africa and sell the idol before signing on with
: the Nazis in Egypt? You think Indy ever went to Morrocco to buy the
: idol? And another thing: in Temple, Indy admits that a chieftan in
: Madagascar threatened to cut off his...hands. When was this? The
: 1920s or thereabouts? Man, I'm just full of questions today. Some
: of my professors would argue that I'm full of more than just questions, but that's another story entirely. Any answers to my
: pointless queries?
: -graml

I'll only have a stab at the first one, we don't know how much time expired between the original adventure and the classroom scene. It would have taken Indy some time to return to school, as the travel arrangements back to the States were probably crude to say the least. Belloq, on the other hand, could have already been lined up by the Nazi's for the dig, stopped long enough to sell the idol, then continue to Tanis while Indy was returning to his classes. Time moved a lot slower then than we're used to doing things now. Indy may have even spent a little more time in Cental America trying to cut Belloq off before he got out, while Belloq was already on his way oversea the sale. We just don't know how much compressed time we had between the scenes. As to the purchase later, after the Ark, it may have been anticlimatic to travel over and purchase the idol. Once again, subjective. Hope this gives food for thought. Regards. Michaleson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]