Living fifteen minutes away from Indy heaven is my HELL.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from spider-we052.proxy.aol.com on February 05, 1999 at 12:21:07:

Hello everyone. My name is Satipo and this is my story...

I have wanted an authentic Indy jacket ever since I can remember. The closest I ever got to owning one was in 1990 when I bought an Avirex A2 flying jacket (which I still love dearly). I always thought that one day I would track down the manufacturer of the film jacket and ask if he would make an Indy jacket specially for me. I put off the idea for several reasons. I thought it would cost me a fortune, that I would have to seek out the manufacturer in America, and that he probably wouldn't make one for someone outside the film industry. Then, just before Christmas I came across the Indy's Diggs site (which led me eventually to this forum) and everything changed. I discovered that I live only fifteen minutes away from the Wested shop and that the jacket costs half the price I paid for my Avirex nine years ago. I couldn't believe that ever since I first saw Raiders and wanted that jacket, I had been living so close to the place it was born. I was so happy, for a while.

(And now for the sad ending to this story...)

Unfortunately for me, I can't afford the jacket just yet and won't be able to for a long time as I am a poor student, so I have to content myself with occasional drive-bys.

This is my hell.

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: