Re: YIJC

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from webcache07p.cache.pol.co.uk on February 05, 1999 at 15:22:55:

In Reply to: YIJC posted by Indiana John on February 05, 1999 at 14:39:17:

: I do not recall a post about episodes; except for that of purchasing them.
:
: I liked many of the episodes featuring Sean Patrick Flannery; but did not really care for the kid.
:
: One of my biggest disappointments was seeing the Jacket totally absent;
: and seeing the whip only once!
:
: What is everyone's opinion on the YIJC?
:
:

:
:

I only saw a few of these. My thoughts were that it was mildly entertaining, but not very exciting stuff. The character portrayed wasn't very Indiana Jones to my mind. The episodes also were not very exciting. In fact I often found them rather tedious. They seemed more concerned with giving us a history lesson than the films were, and sacrificed the action in order to do this. The worst things about YIJC for me were:-

a) the rather unconvincing way it would try to give a different perspective to real historical events by suggesting that Indiana Jones played a significant part in making them happen;

b) the portrayal of Indiana Jones as a bitter, eccentric old man verging on insanity, at the end of the episodes;

and finally c) the poor version of the Indiana Jones hat Flannery wears which, to my mind, has all the wrong proportions when compared to the film versions;

Maybe the series got better as time went on, but it didn't hold my interest long enough for me to give it a chance.

Adios,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: