Star Wars Insider #42 and Indy 4

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Darth Iquitous from puertopollo.lucasarts.com on February 05, 1999 at 17:39:37:

And I quote:

What were the reasons for going into the Indiana Jones series, and is there a future for it - is there more coming?

Mr. Lucas' reply:

Actually, Indiana Jones just sort of popped out of my mind while I was trying to work on Star Wars. Sometimes when you're thinking and doing other things, other things end up striking you. So I came up with this idea of this archaeologist who is kind of a treasure hunter going after sacred artifacts. Part of it was [my] anthropology background, part of it was that there is this Republic serial component in Star Wars and I was looking at the republic serials. So I came up with another serial basically - it came out of my research. didn't want to direct it because I was doing Star Wars, so I tried to get my friends to do it, and couldn't get anybody to do it. Finally I told it to Steven and he jumped on it.

There may be another one. I've got a script finished and its just a matter of Steven and Harrison's time.

That is the entire message from the interview regarding Episode 4 of the Indiana Jones serial

Later all,

Indiana Iquitous

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: