Re: Is the hat worth it?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark from 1Cust9.tnt1.kcy2.da.uu.net on February 06, 1999 at 01:48:06:

In Reply to: Re: Is the hat worth it? posted by BT on February 01, 1999 at 12:59:28:

:
: :
: : : : hello. I have a choice for a gift for my birthday. i can either get the David Morgan whip or the Herbert Johnson hat. I would rather have the hat but I will never be able to afford the whip. Is the hat that great? Does it look as good as it does in the movies? Is is worth the money? Which style do I need to get? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

: : : A tough decision! Quite honestly, I felt that when I purchased the HJ hat, it wasn't exactly what I expected, but the more I wore it the more I grew accustomed to it. I have a framed 8X10 promo shot of Indy from Raiders, and when I compare the shot with the hat on my head in the mirror, there's no doubt left in my mind. The way I look at it though, get the whip as a gift because it's more expensive!!! I wish I had people willing to spend that much money on me!
: : : Although I'm not sure I helped you very much, either way you should know you're getting an authentic Indy item, so you can't go wrong either way!
: : : Cheers,
: : : Sean C.

: : : : bullwhip

: : I would go with the hat. In my opinion, the fedora IS Indy, it has to be the most identifiable item which represents him. If your going to go for the 'authentic', might as well go for the gold. Regardless if it may not appear 100% of expectations- the HJ is the real thing, that's what counts. Go with what your initial feelings tell you, otherwise later on you might say- "maybe I should have picked the...."

: : Mark

: Can anyone give me the HJ web site, i haven't been able to find it

: thanks

There is no HJ website, but you can order via telephone, go to the Indy's Diggs website for all the info.

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]