Re: Comics

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco on November 22, 1997 at 18:47:15:

In Reply to: Comics posted by HOOSIER on November 20, 1997 at 23:04:10:

There were 12 YIJC comic books. Unfortunately, 6 of those feature the little brat version of Indy. :( The Verdun, 1916 story, and the one where Indy's a WWI spy were my favorites. Marvel published "The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" in the early 80s; I believe it lasted 32 issues. They also published adaptations of all three movies. Dark Horse published "Fate of Atlantis," "Thunder In the Orient," "YIJC," "Arms of Gold," "Golden Fleece," "Shrine of the Sea Devil," "Iron Pheonix," "Spear of Destiny," and "Sargasso Pirates." I don't think I forgot any, but I might have. My favorites were "Thunder In the Orient," and "Shrine of the Sea Devil." "The Golden Fleece" was good, too, if you could get past the horrible colors, and "Arms of Gold" was also good, although I didn't care that much for Leo Duranona's art. "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" was also collected as a trade paperback for $14.95. Hollywood Comics collected three YIJC TPBs. "Indiana Jones and the Shrine of the Sea Devil" was originally serialized in Dark Horse Comics #3-6, I think. Try the Dark Horse web page for ordering back issues; I think they have a lot of them. I wish Dark Horse would publish MORE new Indy comics! Does anyone know if they still have the rights? Thanks,
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]