Re: Mind me making acquaintances with all of you?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Craig from spider-tl021.proxy.aol.com on February 07, 1999 at 06:17:33:

In Reply to: Re: Mind me making acquaintances with all of you? posted by ~The Raider~ on February 06, 1999 at 19:00:22:

:Hello everyone,like Deirdre I am fairly new on the internet but have been collecting Indy since 1981.I have been curious about other Indy fans,like how old they are and what they do for a living. I am 42 years old and sometimes feel like the oldest guy doing this!Don't care though as this has been a rewarding hobby for years.I live in Colorado and finding Indy collectibles is tough,but over the years have been fortunate to build a 475 piece collection.I don't collect Young Indy or Disney related items and my most revered piece is 92 original stills from Raiders.E-bay has been both rewarding and frustrating,but the best advice I can give anyone who collects is be patient. I hope I get some responses from you and let me know your about yourselves,feel free to post or E-mail me. All the best Craig
: : Dear Forum:

: : I'm a fairly new member of the Indy forum; been observing your flow of opinions and exchange of ideas since a couple of months already, yet never had the courage to actually interact since recently.

: : Does everyone in here know everybody else? Have you all ever been introduced to each other, whether formally or informally?

: : I guess that this would be a good idea to get to know everyone on the forum a little bit better.

: : Those who read this should answer my post bearing in mind to share something about them--but not too much if one prefers his/her privacy; tell me and the rest of the forum how they became fans and discovered this website; reveal their other secret passions and hobbies (aside Indy!)---*note*: I noticed that about more than 50% of the regulars are also avid authors who have written or ahve started to write their own books already!

: : In short--> LET'S ALL GET THIS FORUM WORKING AS IT SHOULD!
: : WE INDYFANS SHOULD STICK TOGETHER!

:
: : SO, since I popped the question, LET ME START:

: : My nickname on the forum is: Deirdre
: : Email address : DeirdreCampbell@eudoramail.com
: : Age : old enough to know what I'm doing!
: : Occupation : Student/working
: : Hobbies : Reading, writing short stories,
: : poetry, swimming, daydreaming.
: : Favorite quotation : "It is better to regret something
: : you did,than something you haven't done!"
: : Ambition : To be everything I ever wanted to be

: : * How did I get here? Pure coincidence! It's a long story...

: : ---That'd be all for now!--
: : Hope to get a positive response on this!

: : Deirdre!

: If you can't guess by now, this is The Raider. I came across this forum about October last year, and have been coming here ever since. Here's the reply to the little survey:

: nickname: ~The Raider~
: email: skipster_films@hotmail.com
: Age: 17
: Occupation: Student, amateur filmmaker, IGA grocery clerk.
: Hobbies: reading, writing, computer stuff, watching movies, making movies, drawing, adventure.
: Favourite Quote: either "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go," or "Do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear that which you cannot account for"
: Ambition: To become a world famous director, travel the world (not necessarily in that order)

: As for how I got to this forum, websurfing ever since my favourite Raiders site died down. If you want to know anything else about me, visit this site.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]