Re: WELLL, yes and no......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 53.greenville-05-10rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on February 07, 1999 at 20:13:30:

In Reply to: Re: WELLL, yes and no...... posted by Michaelson on February 07, 1999 at 11:40:48:

: : : : : : : Just found the Webley Mark VI gun that Indy used on eBay!
: : : : : : : It has a great picture and the price is not bad.
: : : : : : : Just check it out!
: : : : : : : -Webley-

: : : : : : Indy's 1911 Colt is also on ebay.
: : : : : :
: : : : : : It is currently $485.
: : : : : :
: : : : : : 4 days remaining on the bidding.

: : : : : Neither weapons are THE guns used (I thought you meant these were the actual prop guns by your posting), as the Webley listed on eBay is a .455 British, and the movie version was the .45 ACP conversion. The Colt .45 is definately one the elders date wise of the Colt automatics, but again I sure wouldn't invest in one with no matching serial numbers on the parts, especially at $485, when you can buy one with matching numbers in MUCH better shape for only $500 at about any gun store in the US. Regards. Michaelson
: : : : ---------------------------------
: : : : The fact that the Colt is a 1911 instead of a 1911A1 makes it a little more collectable, but the lack of matching numbers more that wipes out any collectability factor. The pistol is not worth more that $300 max, and then only as a "shooter". A good used Colt 1911A1 can be found for around $400 at gun shows or pawn shops. If it doesn't have to be a "Colt" made 1911A1 (production was contracted to other companies by the US Gov't), then your choice of company will determine the price you pay. My personal 1911A1 is a Chinese copy (Norinco) with replacement walnut grips, a fitted barrel bushing, and a nylon recoil spring stop. It is an exact copy of the Colt, the parts interchange, it shoots GREAT, and the price was only $325 before modifications. But value-wise, the Smith & Wesson from Raiders is probably the most cost effective.

: : : Actually the Smith Triple lock is much harder to find, and much more expensive to purchase even in shooter condition. I agree on the Norinco. How in the world did they get that one right the first time? Regards. Michaelson

: : ----------------------------

: : The S&W in Raiders looks more like a Model 10 with the ramped front sight. But it's hard to tell on my VCR.

: It isn't. Out line is pretty much the same, but it's an N-frame, not a K-frame. Site my source? Sure, "Guns and Ammo", Hand gun room, Garry James-author, June, 1989 issue. Raiders revolver, S& W Triplelock in 38-44 cal, Temple of Doom revolver (the couple of minutes we get to see it) Colt New Service .45 ACP conversion with half and full moon clips, and Last Crusade, Webley Mark VI .45 ACP conversion model. Regards. Michaleson

------------------------
Yeh, but in Raiders, if you look at the pistol Indy throws in the suitcase and the pistol he uses in the street scene in Cairo, the two look different. Could there have been two?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]