Re: Rene Russo for INDY IV! - RU NUTS or JUST CRAZY?!?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust55.tnt1.slt2.da.uu.net on February 09, 1999 at 15:37:47:

In Reply to: Re: Rene Russo for INDY IV! - RU NUTS or JUST CRAZY?!? posted by Groo on February 09, 1999 at 05:31:35:

: How old do you think Rene Russo is anyway? It seems the way of things in Hollywood to pair up elder actors w/ females about half their age. Just look at "Six Days" for crying out loud.

: I have nothing against a strong actress acting opposite of HF, but Rene just doesn't come off as convincing to me. Okay, her is my point, say she weighs in at about a buck 35, I am supposed to believe that she can deck a bad guy and knock him out with one punch to his jaw? If this is true, then the quality of bad guys out there is pretty piss poor.

: I agree that the other women in the last 3 films haven't exactly given oscar winning performances, but they were all virtual no-names and brought a different perspective to each of the films as well as fresh faces to the silver screen.

: My hope is that they leave the love interest aspect of the film as a VERY minor part and concentrate on HF and some very exciting action sequences. As I have stated before, my other hope is that the film is a departure from Raiders and Crusade, and Indy does something besides kill a pack of Nazis or Communists. I thoroughly enjoyed the cult idea of Temple Of Doom - seeing that all 3 films have to do w/ some kind of religion, maybe Indy should seek something besides that kind of artifact.

: Seeing through the darkness to the end of the Indy-less tunnel Regards,
: Groo
:

I am definitely there with you! Temple of Doom needs it's counterpart. I was very intrigued that the character is an expert on the occult, and was hoping to see a darker side. Kind of Indiana Jones meets the Serpent and the Rainbow type stuff! A nice mix of Raiders' gritty style, and Temple's unfamiliar territory would go down well. A little less humor, and more of Indy's darker side.

Until that day...
--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: