RE: Indyfan Profiles. Also, Webserving ideas?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com on February 09, 1999 at 19:33:21:

Keeping profiles of people on the Forum is an interesting idea, but unfortunately, I don't see it happening. The web service that I pay for is for a sizeable chunk of space, but there are limits. The size of the messages alone are nearly unmanageable.

What if everyone interested in telling about themselves would set up a page on geocities or tripod, and sign all of their messages with a link to their homepage. It seems that the curious could find out about the person this way.

Speaking of the unmanageable messages, for a long time I've been trying to find a way to make these Forum messages a useful resource. This requires some sort of searching mechanism. I tried SWISH-E and it works great, but the index file that is created exceeds my quota. Anyone out there have any ideas? Are there web services out there that provide CGI access and say 100 MB or more of web space for a bargain price? Alternatively, a copy of WebTen would solve my problems, but alas, we're talking $500 for that little item.

Any help is appreciated,
Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: