Suggestion for LFM...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-31-160.snantx.swbell.net on February 09, 1999 at 20:44:43:

In Reply to: Re: Who's gonna see Star Wars 1 when it comes out? ME!!! (nm) posted by LFM on February 09, 1999 at 18:31:23:

: : : : :
: : : : I saw on an Access Hollywood from last year sometime that it's supposed to come out in May. Phantom Menace I think it's called. I do remember some people saying that that title was a little weird for a Star Wars movie. Don't know who. All I know is that the theaters are going to be packed. Probably won't even get in to see it till about the 5th week it's out. Not even that. That's the beauty of renting movies!

: : : But it's so much more enjoyable and fulfilling on the big screen. As far as events like those, rentals are for wusses who don't want to live the experience. I went to see Star Wars when it came out again in it's Special Edition (actually, all three movies) and nothing beats the theatre for qualityu entertainment. Unless you have a home theatre. In that case tell me where you live and I will shoot you and take your theatre from you. Just kidding there. But I will envy you. Anyway, the only way to experience Star Wars or Indiana Jones or any movie is to see it in the theatre.

: : : Check six.

: : : -Mithrandir-
: : :

: : I also went to the theatre to watch the Special Edition (also all 3 movies). And it was indeed much more enjoyable and fulfilling to watch them on big screen and ofcourse I will watch Episode 1 when it comes out at the theatre. Can't wait to see it!
: : -Webley-

: I know it is kind of stupid to watch such a great movie at home, but I went to see Titanic twice, and the theaters were packed a little bit more than I can handle. Imagine what it would be like for these much better films? Besides, I yell at the screen, and unless anyone wants to yell with me at the theater, I'm going to watch in my own home where I can yell as loud as I want. I'm an emotional person.

: LFM

If you don't like large audiences and you yell at the screen anyway, find a backwoods theatre. They're around. I saw one down here in the wide open country that was only four screens. And it was first-run too. Not many people so you can be comfy and yell your head off and not be bothering anyone at the same time. Everybody's happy.

You don't have to take this seriously though. Just something out of left field.

Check six.

-Mithrandir-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: