Re: Holy Blood, Holay Grail....yep, I meant the book.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 181.atlanta-05.ga.dial-access.att.net on February 10, 1999 at 20:37:28:

In Reply to: Re: Holy Blood, Holay Grail....yep, I meant the book. posted by Aragorn on February 10, 1999 at 14:54:06:

: : It also poses an explanation of what the Holy Grail might really be and it's (are you prepared for this?): MARY MAGDALEN! It's too darn complicated to explain. Just get a copy of the book and read it. Just take it with a grain of salt, though.
: : Till then.

: : ---Indiana Jerico

: **frowns** Ow... I've heard all about that book, even skimmed through it at the bookstore. It's most certainly not for me... it's words speak very much against my faith, Mary Magdeline as the mother of Jesus' child. I wouldn't believe a word of it.

: Aragorn
-------------------------------
I have read most of thest types of books, including a number by Graham Hancock. His are by far the best, and are based on actual findings. However, he tends to arrive at his final conclusions by deductive reasoning rather than by hard demonstated fact. And some things are a little off the wall. But they make good reading. The latest in the genre of grail books is one called "Bloodline of the Holy Grail", which takes the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" one step further. It traces the geneology of the "line" starting with the Pharaoh Akhenaten (his spelling) through the Davidic line to Jesus, then thourgh the Merovingian kings, King Arthur, a Scottish line of descent, to the modern times. This, of course, is complete with geneological tables. When reading these please beware of 1. anyone who has all the answers, 2. anyone who has an "agenda" to which he is writing, 3. one who differs with proven scholarship, and 4. one who stands to gain because of sensationalism. For a good insite into these types of writings, read "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]