Re: Is The Templar Revelations worth reading, Joe? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 228.middletown-18.va.dial-access.att.net on February 10, 1999 at 22:08:41:

In Reply to: Is The Templar Revelations worth reading, Joe? (nm) posted by Indiana Jerico on February 10, 1999 at 21:01:37:

: .........
I haven't read this one. I looked on Amazon.com and saw it is 432 pages of paperback. There is an Egyptian Ankh on the cover. This probably means the old Egyptian, Masonic, Templar theme, always a popular and much publicized line of reasoning. The book I mentioned earlier uses this also. It's always fun to read these books and look for the bad scholarship. For instance, in "Holy Blook, Holy Grail", Lincoln, Leigh, and Baigent, they use an example of a "phalanx of Centurions". The phalanx was a Greek formation and the Centurion was a leader of a Century, or 100 soldiers. This would be the equivalent of saying a "company of captains" in today's army. While that may be attributed to litery license, a serious scholar would never use the term. Makes you wonder about everything else. I read the reviews on Amazon.com, and it sounds a lot like "Bloodlines of the Holy Grail" but with some major disagreements. Might be worth reading. Just remember, most of the modern authors tend to interpret the past through the lens of the present. You can't do that. If you actually read the sources these people are trying to reinterpret, you will see how strange they really are. Like reading Nostradamus and making any sense at all from it. One writer says he knows it all, and another says exactly the opposite.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]