Re: Re: YIJC collectors cards

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em3_486.utsi.edu on March 03, 1998 at 12:41:11:

In Reply to: Re: YIJC collectors cards posted by Dale Dassel on March 02, 1998 at 22:22:10:

: : I was in a collector card store with my youngest daughter, who was looking for Aliens collectables. While wandering around the aisles waiting on her, I looked down, and found one lone unopened box of YIJC cards, covered with dust and still shrink wrapped. I bought it for $9.00, and it holds 36 packages of X amount of cards each. Question to those of you who follow this collection.....how did I do? High or low? I have yet to open the box. Haven't had time. Not that I'll be disappointed one way or another, but was just interested whether I did good shopping. Regards. Michaelson
:
: Sounds like you stole them. Good deal. I once bought two unopened boxes of Jurassic Park
: movie cards for $5 each. But my real bargain came when I was in a comic book shop one day and
: saw a set of Temple of Doom movie cards. The price was something like $7. I brought in a few
: bags of old comic books that I was trying to get rid of, and the guy
: looked through them for half an hour, before selecting a complete
: 7-part Streetfighter comic mini series, which he swapped for
: the Temple of Doom cards. It was a sweet deal. They were in perfect
: condition, and only one was missing. It was a lot better than my
: dishing out a staggering $25 for a mint condition, complete set of
: Raiders cards from Figures Inc. But as far as I can tell, they never
: made a set of movie cards for Last Crusade. ???????

: -Dale Dassel

That is a good question, and one I have asked before in stores, and have received two different answers. How about it, did Topps ever create a set of cards for the third movie. By the way, I have the complete sets of Raiders and T of D cards myself. I NEVER saw those sold outside collector shops or shows. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]