Re: Indy's Diaries

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 203-96-101-116.dialup.xtra.co.nz on February 11, 1999 at 21:13:27:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's Diaries posted by Greg on February 11, 1999 at 14:41:46:

: : There seems to be a buzz recently about the Grail Diaries.
: : I was wondering if someone out there has a YIJC diary;
: : the one opened at the beginning of each episode.
: : I think that it would be superb addition to an Indy collection.
: : Although the cover looks difficult to replicate.
: : Any comments?

I have been asked this question before. This is one prop I would really love to replicate. The main problem that I face is that I have very few Young Indy's on tape. I'd need the entire collection IMHO to make a good replica of his journal. Perhaps once the set comes out I'll be able to make one. Unless someone wants to provide me with most of the tapes, you'll have to find someone else to do it... or wait. :)

: : Indy Magnoli--Do you have the original grail diary from which you
: : have made copies? How has this process developed?

I've never seen the entire original prop first hand. I use several sources, including the same source material used by the original prop master, to fill the pages of my replica.

: Speaking of diaries, has anyone else seen the leather-covered copy of the diary on ebay (not made by our friend Indy Magnoli)-yesterday it was going for $3000!!!!!!! Holy cow!

My last diary received the high bid of $3450, only to discover that it was placed by a child on his father's computer. I was quite disappointed, to say the least. The second highes bidder is the high bidder of this other diary. Talk about bad breaks... As for this other replica, it has some beautifully rendered sketches. It seems to me that this artist (and he does some great work) spent less time on his journal than I did on mine. Nonetheless, it is a superb replica. If you have the dough, get one!

Kind regards,
Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: