Re: The music at the Nazi rally in Crusade...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-38ld5ke.dialup.mindspring.com on February 13, 1999 at 10:57:38:

In Reply to: The music at the Nazi rally in Crusade... posted by Jeff on February 12, 1999 at 20:04:38:

: Does anyone know where the music that the Nazi's were marching to is from? While were on the subject, do you know where to find it? Thanks.

It's actual German patriotic music played during the Nazi era. I remember hearing it again in some WWII documentary or perhaps the infamous propaganda film "Triumph of the Will". I can't remember. You would need to find a collection of German WWII/Nazi music somewhere. With the popularity of all the books written on the Nazi era, I'm sure there's a music collection too. But WHERE one would find such a thing I don't know and don't want to know! Maybe there is a collection of WWII music from both the Axis and Allies of interest to historians out there somewhere.
I'm sure Spielberg must have had a hard time filming that scene. I remember reading somewhere that he had a lot of unpleasant vibes being around so many actors dressed up as prominent Nazis. Of course These were only comic book Nazis. It was much worse for the making of Schindler's List.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]