In defence of Herbert Johnson...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from helios.kos.net on February 14, 1999 at 07:29:53:

For some reason I feel compelled to respond to the somewhat negative feedback most of Herbert Johnsons' customer's have posted here. When I phoned the company I had a very positive experience, and the hat I recieved is a dead ringer for the Last Crusade hat. I wasn't really convinced when I got it, but when I looked at the picture of Harrison ford standing beside his stunt double (Glenn Randall I think) in an old issue of the Lucasfilm fan club magazine, all my doubts were put to rest. Not only were the dimensions bang on, but the colour was correct as well.
If you order a hat from Herbert Johnson's, you have to remember that you aren't buying a movie prop, and it has been ten years (gasp) since the last Indy movie, so like I believe Michaelson posted, all of the materials used have been, well, used. What do you get though?
A hat of the highest quality that will serve you well in your adventures over the years, and in time, will weather and shape to look exactly like the hat we are all familiar with on Indiana Jones' head.
Cheers!
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: