Re: Young Indy Videos and CDS

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on February 14, 1999 at 15:16:50:

In Reply to: Young Indy Videos and CDS posted by CinemaKing on February 13, 1999 at 10:06:14:

: Has anyone listened to the Young Indy CDs? Are thay any good?

They are excellent. Joel McNeely is a fantastic composer who I started to like when I first heard these CDs. He is finally starting to get some good movie gigs now; unforutately most of the movies he does end up being flops! "The Avengers" was a really excellent score, though. Lawrence Rosenthall is also a great composer. What I like best about the YIJC scores is that each one incorporates the music and musical style of the time and place when the episode takes place. They also incorporate appropriate classical cues, including Beethoven for the Schweitzer episode and Holst for London 1916. Each volume is a must-have, but I would recommend starting with the last two. Vol. 3 contains terriffic source music from Scandal of 1920 and Mystery of the Blues, and Vol. 4 has some of my very favorites: the wonderful local charm of Rosenthal's Ireland, 1916 and the sheer adventure (reminiscent of the movie scores) of McNeely's "Indiana Jones and the Phantom Train of Doom." The main title theme is on the first two volumes, though. Definitely worth seeking out. I've seen them for as little as $3.99 on remainder shelves, new. If you're in the New England area, try Music For A Song.
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]