Re: You call this Archaeology?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust84.tnt1.slt2.da.uu.net on February 15, 1999 at 01:45:49:

In Reply to: Re: You call this Archaeology? posted by Abner on February 14, 1999 at 22:45:21:

: ...just wearing the shirt makes me want to get back into university and finish off my archaeology degree so I can wear it in the field!
: : Cheers,
: : Sean

:
: How many other people (besides myself) here have an unfinished Archaeology degree? I just couldn't finish the major-it wasn't as exciting as I thought- real Archaelogy was nothing like Indy at all!

: Abner

You're talking about real archaeology in 1999. The disipline as it is portrayed in the films was 70 years ago, Abner. I haven't completed my degree yet. But that's because I've been working in the field for a year and a half, and I love it. Granted, it has changed; there are ups and downs, but it is still fascinating to me. You're quoting Henry Jones, Sr.--"You call this archaeology?" Obviously, even he recognized that Indy had strayed off the beaten path of the discipline. In fact, the only appropriately depicted archaeology I recall in the entire series, was done by Belloch! Stick with it!

--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]