Re: Good Point.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 28.middletown-18.va.dial-access.att.net on February 15, 1999 at 19:05:12:

In Reply to: Re: Good Point. posted by Satipo on February 15, 1999 at 11:12:06:

: : Well, if it was the same shop, to hell with those guys. I know a ton of Stetson stores, and a great outlet store here, that would bend over backwards to help you. Let me know if you have any questions and if it was HJ, drive by and tell them, "Jeff McDowell said you guys suck!". I hate rude, snobbish, boring people who think they are better than you are. I was thoroughly disapointed with the ENTIRE nation of France. One minute they are kissing your backside then they realize you are an American and then they don't have the time of day for you. Maybe that's why I like Raiders so much, the way Indy humiliates Belloq at every turn. Don't let rude assholes rule your life and decide where you can and can't go. Always be bold and honest as well as true to yourself and you will never regret anything.
: : Most of us came out head first, but we all leave feet first Regards,
: : Groo

:
: Thanks for the help offer Groo. There seem to be quite a few positive postings about HJ appearing on the forum now. As I'm not 100 percent sure whether my experience was at HJ's or not, I'll probably take a look. If it is the same place, I'll be sure to pass on your message (after I get the hat, that is). I agree with your comments about snobbery. There's just no need for it. As for the French, well I had mixed experiences in Paris. Some people were very polite, while others were almost Neanderthal in their social behaviour. But this is probably the case in all countries. I think it helps if you can speak some French (which I can, but am not fluent in) as I've heard they haven't got much time for foreigners who make no attempt at speaking their language. But there's no excuse for being rude to someone simply because they have trouble speaking the same language as you. I'll let you know my experiences at HJ's.

: Adios,

: Satipo

Please don't insult the Neanderthals by comparing them with the French! The Neanderthals were quite civilized, even though they were native to the same area.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]