Speaking of the Temple of Doom...Mk VII Bag

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-38ld52k.dialup.mindspring.com on February 15, 1999 at 20:30:34:

I was checking out some clips of that movie the other day to get a better look at the Mk VII Gas Mask Bag and I noticed a big mistake:
You know the scene where Indy and Mola Ram are fighting on the broken bridge hanging on the cliff? The leather strap has broken in half with Indy holding one half and Mola Ram the other. They are arguing and the bag catches on fire and two of the Sankara stones burn through and fall out. A couple shots after that, Mola Ram falls to his death and then we see Indy climbing up the bridge with arrows being shot at him. The strap is suddenly around his shoulder again and the bag shows no hole in it or any sign of having burnt at all! (Must be those magic rocks) Later we see Indy, Willie, and Short-Round walking to the village which is green and full of life and he has the bag with him. Then, when he gives the stone back, you can't see the bag or the strap around him at all. It's gone all of a sudden!

I'm sure others have noticed this and many other goofs. Just thought I'd share this. Does anyone else have any good mistakes they noticed? (Besides the famous glass in Raiders)

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]