Re: Regular or Distressed Wested?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bijb from ts001d26.col-oh.concentric.net on February 15, 1999 at 22:26:10:

In Reply to: Re: Regular or Distressed Wested? posted by Sean on February 14, 1999 at 21:01:55:

: : Get the distressed, it looks great. You get five years of wear and tear for nothing. Plus, it looks more like the jacket Indy wore.
: : bullwhip

: Just to play the devil's advocate - I've heard directly from Peter that he recommends the non-distressed version. I didn't ask him why, I figured he was the expert, not me. The only thing I can think of is that, sure it looks great and is closer to the look of Indy's jacket (at least the Temple of Doom and Last Crusade versions) but it was a movie prop, not an every-day jacket like I'm sure most of us use it for. Over time it will develop it's own unique look, and in my experience if you go with the weathered look, DON'T do it on the Raiders version because the jacket looked like Indy's anyway, fresh out of the package.
: Cheers,
: Sean

When I ordered mine, the young lady I spoke to said that the distressed looked quite nice. She also said that the distressed is made out of a different skin(?). She said it was slightly heavier. I don't know that much about it, so if anyone who knows about such things wants to comment, be my guest. I got mine new because I want to wear it in with my own adventures ;-) Let me tell you, this jacket feels great and looks great. You'll probably want to wear it all the time, even sleep in it (I do that sometimes). Enjoy.

-b"ij"b

P.S. My jacket arrrived on the exact day I expected it to... I know some of you have had sucky situations where the sucky delivery time just sucks. I guess I just got lucky :-D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]