Very good Indy pants

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from webcache04p.cache.pol.co.uk on February 16, 1999 at 03:16:19:

I have noticed in the past that a number of you have had difficulty finding a close match for the Indy pants. Well I believe I have some. I don't have a digital camera, so I'll describe them to you.

Description: Men's chino pants

Manufacturer: Lands' End, an American company with a mail-order service (I think Wills and Geiger is a division of them).

Indy details: Two rear button-through flap pockets; a deep and discrete hand pocket on each hip; a pleated front (two on either side of the zip fly);a loose, chinos-type cut; no turn-ups unless you request them; no outer/visible labels, logos, etc.

Colour: Khaki, but you can choose other colours, including similar shades. In my opinion, the Khaki colour is the best match for the Raiders pants.

Size: Good range of sizes catered for. You have to specify waist and leg measurements.

Fabric: 100 percent cotton. I know the common consensus is that the Indy pants are woollen, but these fall very nicely, are light and cool in the summer, and are very good quality. They aren't really warm enough to wear in the winter, though.

Negative aspects: Come pressed with a crease on the front of each leg. This is easily ironed/washed out, however. Also, be careful when washing them as the colour fades slightly.

Sound pretty good? Well here's the catch. The pants were discontinued last year by the English branch of Lands' End due to lack of demand. However, you may still be able to get them in America, since we often get a reduced choice of goods in England when a company is based overseas. If any of you are interested in trying to purchase these pants, the following are the details on the label.

SKU 679114 - I don't know what this refers to
CUT C2451X - is this the cut perhaps?
L.E.STYLE 43987 - I think this is the important one
FABRIC: 100 percent cotton
COLOR: Khaki - but like I said, other colours are also available

Note: There should be a hash mark (you know, the thing that looks like a miniature tic-tac-toe board) between the letter and number parts of the first three codes. I left them out because I didn't know how they would translate between English and American keyboards. Also, there are other codes that I left out because they looked irrelevant for ordering purposes.

The following link takes you to the American Lands' End website. The English one can be found at www.landsend.co.uk

I couldn't find these pants on the American site, but perhaps it is still worth contacting them to find out for sure about the availability of the pants. Feel free to ask me any questions, and good luck!

Adios,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: