Re: Touchy subject, but......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip236-s03.inetnorth.net on February 17, 1999 at 20:48:42:

In Reply to: Touchy subject, but...... posted by Indy on February 17, 1999 at 16:32:21:

: Well, personally I don't agree with Webley. I definately like Indy more. However, I love Bond. I think if they got into a fight, it would be one of the greatests ever. Even without his gagets, Bond still kicks ass. You must remember my friends, how would Indy do in Bond's situations, and how would Bond do in Indy's situations. I think they each have their own speciatly areas, but in the end, it seems to me that 007 is "a shadowy reflection" of Indiana.

True. How many rolling boulders has Bond dodged while running from flying arrows, then have to outrun a group of blood thirsty South American Hovitos? Then, how many nuclear warheads with magnetic charges did Indy have to disarm while the fate of the nations lies in his hands after firing enough shots and blasting enough grenades and fighting off elite soldiers to knock anyone's arm out of alignment?
Indy could beat Bond, I have no doubts, but let's face it: Bond was first, was older, and in his first few movies was actually realistic. Indy was in fact partly BASED on Bond, and has gone through things that could not physically exist on this earth (most of the temple in Raiders comes to mind)
But both Bond and Indy seem to have a panache for planes and very big bad guys (Jaws, Oddjob, Grant, Nazi Mechanic, Thuggee guard, etc..), as well as getting out of the frying pan and into the fire, back into the frying pan, up into the frier, over to the dutch oven, into the volcano, out of the volcano, back into the frying pan...you get the idea.
Indy will always be my favourite, the guy who's movies aren't half as formulamatic as Bond's.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]